District 16 GNT Results
The D16 qualifying for the Superflight and Flight B were held in Dallas over the Memorial Day weekend, and two Unit 174 teams emerged victorious! These were the winners:
- SuperFlight: Kenneth Schutze, Shawn Quinn, Joe Quinn, and Ira Hessel.
- Flight A: Anthony Bianchi, Robert Whitcher, Mitch Towner, and Gary King.
- Flight B:Jennifer Breihan, Bill McCarty, Daniel Jackson, and James Breihan
- Flight C: Stephen and Holli Mast, Robert Babb and Laurie Hartline-Babb.
Note that of the 16 winners, 11 were from Houston (those in red)! Houston rocks!
This is the second win in a row for Shawn and Joe Quinn, Anthony Bianchi and Gary King, and Daniel Jackson, Jennifer and Jimmy Breihan!
Good luck at Nationals!
New Unit Officers, Board Member
Nancy Strohmer was elected as Unit President, Bob Armstrong as Unit Vice President, and Walter Freitag as Unit Secretary in the Unit Board meeting held Monday night, May 4th.
And the board appointed Dan Leightman to serve the remainder of Rhonda Bryant's term. Thanks to Rhonda, and welcome to Dan!
Best of luck and congratulations to all!
UNIT 174 Board of Directors Club Connection Program
The Board continued our program to connect with our Unit members and traveled to Clear Lake. The Clear Lake Duplicate Bridge Club is one of 3 full service clubs in UNIT 174 and has games everyday. They recently expanded into more space. They also have an active teaching program with ACBL Teacher of Year Dave Glandorf.
Beverley Cheatham, Nancy and Hans Strohmer, Chuck Ensor and Gary Hercules played bridge in the Clear Lake Duplicate Bridge club on Friday May 1. All had fun and good bridge.
Our next outing will be to Sugar Land on Tuesday June 2. Hope to see you there.
The starting time for the Friday game at Tracey Gee is being changed to 11:45 starting in June.
Bridge Club of Houston
- Nighttime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Monday evening, June 15th
- “8 is Enough” Swiss Teams
- Thursday, June 25th
- Life Master Party for Chris Deane!
- Monday, June 15th.
- eal @11 and game @11:55
- LONGEST DAY ALZHEIMER FUND RAISER
- Monday June 22nd
- Charity Club Championship game @11:55.
- Additional monies will be raised by selling raffle tickets for a chance on Free Plays for the month of July at BCOH.
- Hot Diggety Dog Day!
- Saturday, July 4th – “Hot Diggety Dog” Celebration
- Meal @11:00 (Free Hot Dogs--Bring Sides)
- Game @ Noon (Open Pairs & 299r Section)
Westside Bridge Academy
- New 0-10 Masterpoint game!
- Wednesday mornings at 10:30.
- Only $5.
- Over by 12:30!
- Relaxed duplicate, but gives masterpoints!.
- Life Master Party for Judy Earle!
- Thursday, May 21st @ 10:30
- The Longest Day Alzheimer's Fund Raiser
- Sunday and Monday, June 21st and 22nd.
- For all the details, click here.