Many Thanks to new Unit Photographer Al Fortier! And Many Thanks also to the departing Donna Sparks, who has done a masterful job for several years!
Congratulations to new board members Robert Armstrong, Rhonda Bryant, and Daniel Jackson!. And a sincere Thank You to departing members Paul Cuneo, Joyce Gore, and Errol LeCesne!
New Officers were elected during Monday's Board of Directors' Meeting. They are:
- President: Beverley Cheatham
- Vice President: Nancy Strohmer
- Secretary: Robert Armstrong
- Treasurer: Gary Hercules.
And a well earned Thank You to Jim Woodward, who served as Unit Treasurer for over a decade, and did a fabulous job.
Grand National Teams
The District 16 GNT Finals for Flights A and C were held during the Election Sectional. You can see the results here.
Teams from Unit 174 won both A and C!
Flight A winners were Anthony Bianchi of Houston, Mitch Towner of Austin, Robert Whitcher of Cedar Park, and Gary King of Houston,
Flight C winners were Robert and Suzanne Shanley of Montgomery, Courtney Coffman of The Woodlands, and David Morris of Spring.
Way to go folks!
Bridge Club of Houston
- Life Master Party for Bill Chamberlain, Judy Gibson, Bob Matlock, Mary McDonald and Anita Rothfuss!
- Wednesday, April 23
- Food will be catered and served at 11.
- Game at 11:55.
- Life Master Party for Augie Birke, Ann Bullard, Mack Guderian and Vicky Martinez.
- Wednesday, May 21
- BBQ @ 11; bring sides.
- Game at 11:55
Effective March 27 Briarcrest will be playing at The Brazos Center, 3232 Briarcrest Dr. in Bryan, on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 12:30 pm.
Houston Bridge Studio
- 299r Tournament
- Thursday through Friday, April 24-27
- Click here for details
- Congrats to the HBS for making the 'Top 50 Clubs" list three years in a row!
- They were #22 this year, with 7,657.5 tables in 2013.