Results from thiis weekend's sectional tournament can be seen here. With pictures!
On-line Voting now closed
The online polls closed at 8:00 pm on Wednesday evening.. You can, of course, still vote in person during the Election Sectional this weekend.
Message from Suzie Wilson
To the Board of ACBL Unit 174
Due to family responsibilities, I need to withdraw my name from the slate of candidates running for the Board. I am very sorry for the short notice, but feel confident that our Unit has an excellent slate to choose from without my name being listed. Best of luck, I will always be a "behind the scenes" supporter in any way I can help.
March 28, 2015
Proposed Bylaw Amendment
Proposed Bylaw Change
In compliance with the Unit 174 Bylaws, the Board of Directors is recommending a change to the current Preamble to the Bylaws. The reason for the change is to have the Preamble correctly state Unit 174 relationship with the ACBL. The current Preamble states Unit 174 is a subsidiary of ACBL which is not the case.
Unit No. 174 is a subsidiary of the American Contract Bridge League, Inc., recognizes the League as being the parent organization having authority and control over tournament bridge in the United States, exists under the sanction of the League and functions as a nonprofit organization with the Constitution, Bylaws and regulations of the League.
American Contract Bridge League Unit No. 174 exists under the sanction of the American Contact Bridge League and functions as an unincorporated nonprofit association in compliance with the Constitution, Bylaws and regulations of the American Contract Bridge League.
Grand National Teams at the Election Sectional
FLIGHT A (0 – 6000 MPS): HOUSTON, APRIL 25 - 26, 2015, MARRIOTT WESTCHASE There is no unit level qualifying for Flight A. All teams wishing to participate in Flight A finals must register at the tournament site 30 minutes prior to the first session of qualifying. Any team attempting to register late may not be allowed to compete, at the discretion of the Director in Charge. We would appreciate all teams wishing to participate in the Flight A final pre-registering with James Thurtell (email@example.com or 214-691-6668) at least a week in advance.
UNIT 174 Board of Directors Club Connection Program
The Board continued our program to connect with our Unit members and traveled to Livingston up Hwy 59, soon to be Interstate 69. The Livingston bridge club meets every Friday at the Catfish Grill. This club marks the Northeast boundary of UNIT 174.
Two of the board members (Nancy Strohmer and Bill Riley) and 2 spouses, Hans Strohmer and Nancy Riley, played bridge on April 3rd. The game breaks after 5 rounds and all have a great meal. Several of us had to have the catfish. All had fun and good bridge.
Our next visit will be to the Clear Lake club on May 1st.
Bridge Club of Houston
- Opportunity for New Players at BCOH
- Starting May 12th BRIDGE+ game @10am Every Tuesday
- Sanctioned Game -- $5 Table Fee – 0 to 5 Masterpoints
- 30 Minute lesson by Julie Halperin, Certified Teacher @9:30am
- Nighttime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Monday evening, May 18th
- Daytime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Thursday, May 21st
- “8 is Enough” Swiss Teams
- Thursday, April 23rd
- District Stac Week
- May 4th thru 10th
- 499r Tournament
- May 14th thru 17th
- Memorial “Hot Diggety Dog Day"
- Monday, May 25th
- Hot Dogs will be served at 11 am
- Bring Sides
- Game at 11:55 am
- LONGEST DAY ALZHEIMER FUND RAISER
- Monday June 22nd
- Details to follow
Westside Bridge Academy
- New 0-10 Masterpoint game!
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00.
- Only $5.
- Gary King gives a FREE mini-lesson every Wednesday at 6:40.
- New Supervised play with Kay Johnson and Pat Levy!
- Thursday mornings at 10:30.
- No partner needed.
- Only $10.
- A 10,000 Masterpoint Party for Pat Levy!
- Saturday, May 2nd @ 1:00.
- Lunch will be served at 12:00.
- Reservations are required!
- To reserve your spot call Katherine Onstott at 713-253-3094 or email KJOnstott@comcast.net.
- A cake will be provided, but if you would like to bring something, desserts would be appreciated.
- District STaC Week!
- May 4-10
- Open pairs Monday - Friday @ 10:30, Thursday evening @ 7:00, and Saturday @ 1:00.
- 299r Pairs Monday @ 7:00, Tuesday @ 10:30, and Saturday @ 1:00.
- 499r Pairs on Thursday @ 10:30.
- 99r Pairs on Friday @ 10:30.
- Double Session Swiss on Sunday @ 10:00. No regular pair game or evening Swiss that day.