Effective May 28, 2013, (Tuesday) the SWDBC will be moved to Houston Jewish Community Center, 5301 South Braeswood in the main auditorium.
Both the Tuesday and Wednesday games will be held at 10:30 am.
Both games will continue at that site until August 12, 2013 at which time we will return tot he Merfish Center at 9000 S. Rice.
David Dyer will teach a short lesson at 10 am each Tuesday before the game.
The Unit board met on Monday and elected new officers.
- President: Chuck Ensor
- Vice President: Beverley Cheatham
- Secretary: Bill Riley
- Treasurer: Jim Woodward (reelected)
Congratulations and good luck to the new officers!
Bridge Club of Houston
- May 6-12: STAC WEEK - BCOH will have an OPEN Swiss Team event on Sunday, May 12.
- Daytime Mentor/Mentee game moved to May 14 because of STAC Week.
- May 18: Special event for Newcomers - Free Lesson, Free Food and Free game. See flyer to the right for details.
- May 27: Hot Diggity Dog Day - Memorial Day game. Hot Dogs served - bring sides. There will be a 299r section. Meal at 11am and Game at 11:55am.
- NEW GAME Starting Saturday, June 1st there will be a 0 – 49 game at 1pm. Players need to come at 12:30 pm for a lesson prior to the game. Table Fee is $5. Lu Edwards is the Teacher/Director.
- ACBL WORLDWIDE CONTEST GAME – Saturday, June 8th
- Daytime Mentor/Mentee Game - Tuesday, June 4th
- Swiss team “8 is Enough” – Thursday, June 13th.
- Club Closed June 14-16th
- Nighttime Mentor/Mentee Game - Monday, June 17th
Houston Bridge Studio
- May 3: Suzie Wilson Life Master Party - 10:30am
- May 6 -12: STAC Week
- May 12: Double Session Swiss Sunday starting at 10:30am
- May 15: Mentor/mentee game - 10:30am
- May 17: Eight is Enough - 7pm
- May 23: Mentor/Mentee game - 7pm
- June 7:: Carol Winograd Life Master Party - 10:30am
- May 15: Merfish Center will be closed. The SOUTHWEST DBC will be held at the TRACY GEE COMMUNITY CENTER at the same time, etc.
Where do Unit 174 members live?
I often wondered where most of the members of our unit live - to find out I created a map with a blue dot marking the home of each of our members. See below:
Mapping by Topo.ly
The shaded counties are those in our unit. It's apparent that the vast majority of our members live in west Houston, with clusters in Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Clear Lake, and College Station.